20.4.10

all about baking.

I'm pretty new at baking and I find it to be a challenging exercise, in a good way. 
So these past weeks, I've baked some ... 
Beef pies with stout + oven-baked sweet potatoes fries to go along...... and, I tried Popcornstories - Pecan Puffs for the second time! This time, I've replaced pecan with crushed almonds instead. A's version definitely seems  decent, i believe she's a full-time baker. How cool is that? Then, I had a go in baking my own cookies: Shortbread Star with Lemon Zest. It tasted pretty good, but I wasn't impress with the shape of  the stars, they turned distorted around the edge. Sloppy stars! Maybe too much sugar or lemon juice... And, the colour of the cookies were not evenly brown, could be the temperature? 180 deg celsius too low? Baking is like attending Science + Maths lessons altogether. (>.<)

No comments:

Post a Comment